Welcome to the Ohio Association of Boards of Health (OABH)
The Ohio Association of Boards of Health (OABH) informs, guides, and provides a statewide organization for boards of health voice. Boards of Health are an essential part of the public health system in Ohio, providing the local governance needed to ensure a healthy community. We welcome your Board of Health’s membership.
To find information about the novel coronavirus in your home communities visit your local Health Department’s website. To find your Local Health Department visit this search tool from the Ohio Department of Health.
To Learn about the novel coronavirus in the State of Ohio, please visit the Ohio Department of Health’s dedicated webpage: coronavirus.ohio.gov
To Learn about the novel coronavirus in the United States, visit the dedicated webpage: coronavirus.gov
To Learn about the novel coronavirus around the globe visit the United Nations’ World Health Organization website: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
EDUCATION & RESOURCES
As a board member, you have an amazing opportunity to make a significant public health contribution in your community, county and state. The Local Board of Health Orientation Manual is intended to introduce you to the field of public health and to give you helpful information about your role as a board of health member.
OABH MISSION & GOALS
The mission of the Ohio Association of Boards of Health (OABH) is to strengthen and improve public health governance capability statewide.
OABH strives to engage and provide tools to local boards of health so they can:
- Develop and/or support policy that protects, promotes, and improves public health;
- Assure the availability of resources to provide essential public health services;
- Exercise their legal authority according to the Ohio Revised Code and Ohio Administrative Code;
- Understand the roles, responsibilities, obligations, and functions as a public health governing body;
- Build and strengthen community partnerships through education and engagement;
- Set measurable outcomes to improve the public health agency’s/governing body’s ability to meet its responsibilities; and
- Provide the leadership and guidance in order to support the achievement and sustainment of PHAB accreditation.
EVENTS & ACTIVITES